Officers are appealing for information following a spate of thefts from vehicles in West End.
Between 1am and 3.30am on Saturday, 8 June 12 vehicles were targeted while they were parked along Ivy Lane and in Eden Close.
Access was gained to the vehicles and various items were stolen, such as cash and jewellery.
Around the same time there was an attempted burglary at an address on The Drive where the offender/s have tried to get in through the front door.However, entry was not gained.
PC William Nye, said: “We need to speak to anyone who may have seen or heard any suspicious activity in the areas of Ivy Lane, Eden Close or The Drive during the early hours of Saturday, 8 June.
“We would also like to hear from anyone who thinks they may have been targeted but have not yet reported to us.
“If you have any information, please call us on 101 quoting 44190196630.”
We’re giving the following advice to help reduce the chance of becoming a victim of this type of crime:
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Upon locking your vehicle try your car door to ensure it is actually locked.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don't have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car.
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website.
If you have any information, please contact us on 101, quoting reference number 44190196630.
In an emergency, call 999.